Ethanol PLANT EXPERTISE & TECHNOLOGY
Total services for Turnkey solutions
• Feasibility & pilot plant studies
• Project management
• Quality control / expediting
• Start-up / performance testing
• Process design / detailed engineering
• Procurement and manufacture
• Field supervision of installation
• Operator training
Today our group is leading global supplier of Distillation Systems, Drying Systems & Evaporation Systems with more than 400 installations in India and Abroad.
The systems designed by our Group have dotted the globe which includes countries like - U.K., Canada, Mexico, Turkey, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand, Nigeria, Egypt, Srilanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, U. A. E., China.
Our Group has Working Experience with world renowned Engineering Consultancies in quality control and project execution which includes:
• Kvaerner Powergas Ltd.
• UHDE India Ltd.
• Humphreys & Glassgow
• Dalal Engineering
• Technimont ICB
• Engineers India Ltd.
Today with the team of more than 150 dedicated technical personnel, the group offers wide range of turnkey process plants which include the following :
• Fuel Ethanol plants
• Zero discharge plants (distilleries, pharma, chemicals)
• Evaporators (falling film/ forced circulation)
• Spray / flash / rotary drying plants
• Starch and starch derivatives plants
• Pollution control equipments – incinerators / calciners,
• Bag filters, flue gas spray scrubbers.
Single source of complete range of distillation – dehydration, drying & evaporation systems. Cost competitive turnkey solutions. Simple to highly integrated complex systems.
Successfully designed, installed and commissioned (to name a few) the following unique plants:
• Molasses based/beet juice/grain based multi-pressure distillery plant with
integrated spent wash evaporator
and zero discharge.
• Atmospheric pressure distillation for vodka grade alcohol(Turkey).
• More than 8 fuel Ethanol plants based on molecular sieve technology
• Improvement of fermentation efficiency in 3 existing distilleries in India.
• Methanol recovery plants for speciality starches in India and Bangkok.
• Short parth [molecular] distillation system at Turkey.
• Distillation system at Turkey for waste crude to distil kerosene and higher fractions.
• Distillation plant based on grape fermented wash in istanbul, turkey.
• Biomethanated spent evaporator for molasses based distillery for Punjab, India.
Typical Utility Consumptions at Our Distilleries for production of per KL of Alcohol
|Power consumption||: 170 kw/kl|
|Steam consumption for wash to ENA||: 2.5 kg/lit of total spirit|
|Steam consumption for integrated
spent wash evaporator
|: 0.5 kg/lit of total spirit|
|TRO||: 60 – 90 kg/day|
|Nutrient maximum||: 100 – 150 ppm|
|Biocide||: 1 – 2 ppm|
|Acid||: 30 – 40 kg/day|
Our Design Distillery & Fuel Ethanol Plants
Our Experience encompasses for industrial / fuel / potable grade alcohol based on various feed stocks like :
1) Cane / Beet Molasses
2) Cane / Beet Sugar / Sweet Sorghum Juice
3) Starchy Materials : a] Grains (rice, wheat, corn, sorghum, bajra etc.)
4) Roots [potato, cassava (fresh tubers & dry chips)
The plants supplied by our Group are complete with
a] Feed Raw Material handling
b] Feed Preparation Section
c] Yeast Propagation Section
d] Fermentation Section [batch or continuous]
e] Distillation Section [atmospheric or multipressure or multipressure with integrated spent wash evaporator].
f] Fuel Ethanol plants based on Molecular Sieve Technology / Azeotropic Distillation.
g] Zero Discharge Plants including evaporation and drying for DDGS production.
Use of liquid/liquid and liquid/air ejectors instead of simple sparger coils:
This enables clean fermenter operation, less power for aeration and continuous stirred tank condition without any dead zone. This also enables us to add small amounts of materials well mixed in the feed
Removal of calcium salts in fermentation
The efficiency of removal is 90%. This has two important functions:
• Removal of calcium salts allows continuous operation of reboilers, columns, evaporators without scaling.
• A typical CIP wash is required only after 6 months. Glycerin formation is very low.
Recycle of yeast gives higher fermentation yields by at least 1%.
Special yeast strain
We normally achieve alcohol in wash from 8.5% to 11% w/w. This means we can do high brix fermentation, reducing the volume of spent wash with our osmotolerant yeast strains.
The distillation plants apart from Ethanol, cover, MEthanol, Dioxyterapthalate, Kerosene, Herbal extracts, Vegetable oils etc.
We have worlds first plants incorporating heat integration of dryer + evaporator, evaporator + distillation etc.very low steam consumption.
All plants supplied are manufactured at our own factories (critical components).
The plants automation is done with hazard analysis, safety analysis and with either discrete controls or fully automatic PLC logic controlled through Scada.ADVANTAGES OF CALCIUM REMOVAL
• Stripper column and Reboiler cleaning frequency reduces to twice a year from about once a month.
• Spent wash evaporator scaling is drastically reduced ensuring operational reliability.
• Hard sublimation deposits on boiler tubes are avoided increasing the soot blower effectiveness and better continuity of boiler operation
Why Calcium removal
• Calcium + Silica complexes are responsible for hard scaling of heating surfaces during evaporation and boiling.
• Calcium needs to be removed at Fermentation stage.
• To get best advantage removal efficiency must be better than 90%.
Calcium removal for wash
Specially designed sealed lamella separator as against convention settling for sludge separation.
Less retention time to avoid contamination.
Sludge washing to recover alcohol.
Horizontal scroll decanter for maximum sludge recovery.
Better sludge decantation(>94%) ensures consistency in operation and avoids losses due to stoppages.
Clean fermented wash feed to yeast separators and distillation.
Yeast separation, conditioning & recycling
Highlights of the process
Maximum yeast mass recovery
Less down time for separators incorporated yeast activation through specially designed Eductors in place of Air Spurger for better contact between yeast and Spurger.
Use of pasteurized molasses, sterlized air and nutrients for activation.
incorporated yeast acidification
OUR ANHYDROUS ALCOHOL PLANT BASED ON MOLECULAR SIEVE TECHNOLOGY
• Lowest utility consumption per lit of Fuel Alcohol
• Moisture content upto 0.1% v/v.
• Fully automated with PLC based system.
• Very compact layout.
• Plant capacity to suit customer requirement
Complete solution for zero discharge in disillery industry
INDEPENDENT EVAPORATOR FOR JUICE/ STILLAGE
• Optimum design for evaporator by selecting number of effects.
• Use of thermovapour recompressor to improve steam economy.
• Incorporates axial flow pump to maintain high velocity and avoid scaling which ensures
consistency in operation.
• Optimised heat transfer area and good heat transfer coefficients at all temperature gradients.
• Minimum chemical requirement for CIP because of reduced downtime.
We have the expertise and skills built up over 20 years and over 400 installations worldwide.
We dedicate and lend our expertise to you all the way :
• From concept to commissioning
• From raw material handling to waste treatment.
• From single-process units to complete, integrated turnkey plants.
Over the years, we have won several prestigious awards, and earned multiple contracts from renowned multinationals.
We have the comprehensive know-how and in-house infrastructure to custom design plant and equipment to suit specific needs, and to manufacture and fabricate equipment with international quality and timely delivery assured.
Ensuring safety, reliability and profitability for each project we execute, everycustomer as our business partner.
FERMENTATION SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY
We have the expertise and capability to design and deliver systems to handle the
Alternative raw material/feed stocks like :
• Cane, molasses, cane juice, cane syrup
• Grains (rice, wheat, sorgum, corn, bajra), cereals, tubers(cassava/ tapiocca)
Advantages of our Fermentation System Technology
• Minimum side products of fermentation.
• Maximum yield
• Highest alcohol content in fermented wash
• Over 200 genetically marked strains in our yeast bank
• Special designs for better contact between yeast and fermentable sugar
• High osmo tolerant and genetically marked yeast strains
• Preclarification of cane molasses optional
• Multi feed fermentation module - for seasonal raw material - also available
• Yeast recycle to increase productivity and better quality
ADVANTAGES OF OUR DISTILLATION SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY
At this stage of the process, our emphasis is on more efficient seperation of impurities with reduced scaling and downtime. Our special designs and customised equipment ensure our customers get distillation plants that are optimised for quality, energy consumption and operational ease.
• Atmospheric, Multipressure and Extractive Distillation - available under one roof
• EQRS / EQNA Potable-grade alcohol due to better removal of impurities
• Multipressure distillation operates under vaccum and at low operating temperatures which avoids
hard scale formation
• Improved steam economy
• Impure spirit production less than 7.5% of total spirit
• Less impurities, hence better organoleptics
FUEL ETHANOL PLANTS TECHNOLOGY
We offers Fuel Ethanol Plants based on Molecular Sieve Technology.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR FUEL Ethanol PLANTS TECHNOLOGY
• Offers 3 bottle pressure swing adsorption for smoother transitions and longer sieve life
• Lowest utility consuption per litre of fuel alchol
• Maximum alcohol yield (typical loss less than 0.03%)
• Moisture content up to 0.1% v/v
• Component design and selection to gurantee extensive service life
• Fully automated with PLC based system
• Molecular sieve life guarantee: minimum 8 years
• Very compact layout
• Plant designs to suit customer's requrement
• Zero Pollution
ZERO DISCHARGE AND WATER RECYCLE SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY
Our technology offer total zero effluent discharge system and complete pollution solutions for the effluent generated as result of Ethanol production.
An intrinsic and critical part of any distillery/Ethanol plant operation is management of distillery/Ethanol plant generated effluent, especially in view of growing ecological and environmental concerns.
We can carry out High Brix Fermentation to reduce spent wash volume. We source from our Bank of Genetically Modified Strains of Yeast to select the appropriate strains for the required condition.
Another novel development is a Mechanically Scrubbed Heat Exchange/Evaporator. This can enable the distiller to achieve as high as 60% DS in the spent wash, sustainable and without the need for chemical cleaning.
This Evaporator Battery can be integrated to the heat from the alcohol columns to minimize the extra steam needed and avoid addition in the boiler capacity.
This spent wash concentrate can be taken for co-composting to make soil conditioner, or can be added to bagasse/coal/rice husk to be used as a fuel or spray-dried to make Organic-rich potassium fertilizer.
The concentrate is also an excellent Animal Feed constituent.
The evaporated water can be re-used in fermentation by using it for dilution of the feed. Thus about 90% of the evaporated water is returned to the process system as feed water thus helping combat immense water scarcity and savings.